Arbalo offers a marketplace for software parts provided in the cloud to the IT market in a SaaS model. By integrating solutions of many companies, it enables the digitalisation of IT organizations.
Arbalo operates a Cloud Service Broker platform based on the industry standard OSB-API. It establishes and extends an ecosystem of partners providing their services on the Arbalo platform.
Arbalo adds value in integrating and aggregating the services of several providers in the following ways:
- technically: develops & operates the platform, provides SSO and self-registration, deployment of service on one click
- legally: mapping custom licenses to transactional licensing, negotiating contracts with providers, full transparency about (OSS) licenses used
- product-wise: consistent documentation, easy onboarding of new services via webform
- support-wise: providing 1st and 2nd Level Support (1LS/2LS), involving the providers for 3LS only in rare occasions
- operationally: provisioning services on one click, continuous operation and performance monitoring, backup, usage monitoring etc.
- financially: preparing a monthly bill consolidating the successfully completed transactions of all client projects. This includes a detailed report about each service used per project.
All services are fully documented with provider name, operating location, license, and API documentation. You can find suitable services based on full-text search, pre-defined categories (such as location, functionality), as well as user-ratings.
The services are hosted in two different modes:
- hosted, i.e. the service is installed as a docker image on Arbalo's Kubernetes infrastructure
- proxied, i.e. the service runs outside of Arbalo's infrastructure. Arbalo lists the service in its catalog, administers the access credentials and monitors its usage.
- provide their own services over Arbalo
- optionally use services from Arbalo platform
- integrate services into their own projects & products
- save efforts thanks to service reuse and legal/technical pre-integration
- can setup backend systems within minutes instead of days
- benefit of full transparency (e.g. which components are used by a certain service, with which (OSS) license, where is the service hosted, who is the provider etc.